Happy Friday and May the 1st nerds & nerdettes! The month of April is over, which means it’s even closer to Summer (hello flip flops and barbecues). I always love the end of the month in the blogger/vlogger community for one reason…monthly favorites! I decided to skip this week’s Friday Favorites and give you guys something better. Continue reading
Before I get to my review I have a confession…
I am a makeup brush hoarder!
I probably have more brushes in my collection than I’d care to admit, but trust me, it’s a lot. I have always loved the quality of a particular brand of makeup brushes; Sonia Kashuk. Not only does this brand rival high end makeup brushes, but they also release many brush sets that are a fraction of the cost of one high end makeup brush! If you’ve been lucky enough to get your hands on any of these limited edition sets from Sonia Kashuk, you know what I’m talking about!
I recently tore apart a few Target stores in my area in search of the newest limited edition set by Sonia Kashuk, the “Art Of Makeup” set. Continue reading
This past weekend was my oldest nephew’s 4th birthday so I was on the hunt for an awesome gift. While I was out finding his birthday present I also picked up a few items for myself as well :). Every time I go to Walmart or Target I see more of the drugstore brand’s Summer 2012 line and its hard to say no haha. Also, after hitting pan (I couldn’t believe it!) on my favorite bronzer I had to find a replacement.
Here’s my weekend haul…
1. L’ORÉAL Colour Riche Colour Caresse Lipsticks in #172 Blushing Sequin and #176 Sunset Angora
2. Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tropics
3. Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Bombshell and Living Doll
Swatches for bronzer and blushes…
4. Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Timbleberry, Big Daddy, Innocent, and Cream Pink
My camera is not doing justice to the Cream Pink polish, its a cream fuschia with gold shimmer (its so gorgeous!).
Sorry I’ve been absent most of the week my lovely nerds! You ever have that week that each day that follows just gets progressively shittier? That was my week! Today was my first non chaotic, stressful, drama filled day, unfortunately it was also humid and extremely hot so I caught up on sleep in my cool house :). When I did finally get my butt out I stopped by Target to find some cute fabric storage totes for my palettes.
They’ve been just laying in my extremely packed beauty drawer with all my hair and skin products so it was driving me crazy! I picked up two cute totes that fit perfectly in my drawer :).
And as always I picked up some more brushes from e.l.f. section and other beauty stuff :)
Hope you nerds are having a safe and fun weekend!
My boyfriend and I stopped by Target again and surprise surprise I bought a few more products. I picked up 3 e.l.f. matte lip colors, Rimmel lipstick, and another e.l.f. brush.
I can’t wait to wear that rich red lip color! Oh hell I had to try it out.
Two posts in one day? Say it ain’t so :). On my voyage for storage I picked up a few things along the way, nothing much but a couple things I’ve been dying to try.
1. Sinful Colors nail polish in Why Not (blue) and Neon Melon (yellow).
2. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. I heard this is a good dupe for Nars Orgasm blush so I had to get it!
3. Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched and Pink Punch. I saw this combo at Target for $3! I love these lip balms, they smell yummy and keep my lips soft.
4. e.l.f. Kabuki brush
5. e.l.f. Shimmering Face Whip in Lilac Petals. I always seem to get to Target when this is long gone so imagine my excitement when they had it today! $1 for this!
6. Jordana Lip Color in Watermelon Kiss.
7. The cutest Hello Kitty cup ever!
8. A big bottle of Johnson’s baby shampoo. This will last me quite a while! I use this for my brushes because its a very gentle Cleanser and way cheaper than makeup brush shampoo. This bottle was $2 and will last me months, need I say more?
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and this gorgeous weather!
Since it’s raining here in Maryland and I have a touch of food poisoning (I know, lucky me lol) I figured I’d relax and chill with some movies, home manicures, and a facial. This is a multi store haul from Walmart, Target, and ULTA so I broke up the products by which store they were purchased at (I’m a bit of an organization freak).
First up is Walmart…
1. Sally Hansen Sexy Curls eyelashes curler. I needed a new one, I had a crappy one I bought years ago and the pad was gone from it.
2. Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. I couldn’t wait to try this and it is very lovely. It definitely made my lips super soft, my only disappointment is the color is a little too gold for my taste.
3. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin. Love it! My new favorite blush :).
4.L’Oreal Kajal Inspired Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black. It is very easy to apply, way easier than any other pencil liner I’ve ever bought, but it kept smudging on my eye and bled a little on my lower lashline. I like it but not enough to want to buy it again.
I also bought a few more masks here. I try to stock up on these cause on days like these I can pampered my sick self while I watch movies with the boyfriend.
Next up, the Target haul…
1. e.l.f. 85 piece palette. This my first purchase of any e.l.f. products so I’m super excited to try these out. By the way this palette was only $10! If these colors aren’t for you, Target had other cute palettes for $3 to $10. This palette has 60 shadows, 20 lip glosses, 3 blushes, and 2 bronzers.
2. e.l.f. eyeshadow brush and bronzer brush, you can never have too many brushes! Especially when they’re $1.
3. e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set. I’ve tried a few different setting sprays and to be honest I don’t really use them that often but for $3 I figured why not?
4. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe. I already have this in Painted Purple and they are awesome, stays put all day and the color choices are amazing.
Last but not least my ULTA haul…
1. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner. Since Winter is gone and the humidity is rolling in, I knew it was time to invest in a good toner. This toner is pretty good, it shrinks the look of my pores, doesn’t burn or dry my skin and smells good.
2. Queen Helene Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque. I loooove Queen Helene products, love em! I used the mint Julep mask to spot treat a giant pimple on my forehead (at least it felt giant), and it’s almost gone!
3. Studio Basics sponge applicators. They were 89 cents and I go through these quite often, just another essential.
4. China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Happy Go Lucky. I have searched far and wide for years looking for a cute yellow nail polish. Believe me it was harder than it sounds, most were shimmery (not a fan I like bright solid colors) or they were old and starting to separate. This is going on my nails tonight!
5. ULTA lipstick in In the Buff and ULTA lip liner in Flesh. I bought these cause ULTA had a BOGO Free, the color is my actual lip color but the products themselves are nothing to write home about. The color faded kinda quick, but its a nice back up nude lipstick/liner.
That’s my haul! Hope you enjoyed!